According to Jones, the resident MC2 office cat, National Cat Day is not celebrated once a year on October 29 – it is a 24/7 proposition. Meow!
He celebrates daily by sitting on keyboards, settling down in front of monitors, reminding us that it’s time to eat – again, gnawing on wrists, sleeping on or under coats and sweaters, getting into supply closets, staring at us when we don’t satisfy his desire-of-the-moment, and letting us know when to open the office window – whether the temperature outside is compatible with human comfort or not.
Allergic to cats? Our office has a cat-free conference area for clients who are allergic to cats or – gasp – don’t like cats.
We dedicate this National Cat Day commemoration and quiz to Ernie and Rooster. Can you identify the author of the quote?
1. “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.“
b. Jean Cocteau
2. “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”
a. Sigmund Freud
b. Ernest Hemingway
c. Marlin Perkins
3. “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”
a. Leonardo da Vinci
c. Jackson Pollack
4. “Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.”
a. Lady Gaga
b. Gordon Ramsey
c. James Herriot
5. “A cat will assume the shape of its container.”
c. I.M. Pei
6. “I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.”
a. Dr. Seuss
b. Edgar Allan Poe
c. Earle Stanley Gardner
7. “Jones, what the hell are you eating?”
a. Paula Deen
b. Lauren Cook
c. Harpo Marx
Source for all quiz questions except #7: catquotes.com